NeighborhoodLIFT – What Happens Next
If you have completed a request for funds, here’s what happens next:
Ensure you follow the instructions in the email you receive from CHDC by:
- Uploading the required relevant documents (Click here for Required Documents Checklist). To avoid delays or losing your funds please remember to upload documents that are clean and clear and preferably in pdf format. Two apps that you can use to help you with this are CamScanner and Genius Scan.
- Filling out the NeighborhoodLIFT Loan Application (the link is in the email you receive)
- Filling out the LIFT Supplemental Income Form (the link is in the email you receive)
After your information is received, CHDC will verify your eligibility for the NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance program.
If you are deemed eligible and did not have a contract on a property at the time of application:
- You will receive a 90-day Reservation Letter stating that funds will be reserved in your name
- You will have 90 days to shop for a home and execute a purchase-and-sale agreement (contract) on an eligible home. Once you have a fully executed purchase-and-sale agreement on a home, you need to upload that document to your account with CHDC and inform your mortgage lender of the executed agreement. At that time, CHDC will advise you of next steps. See detailed instructions for uploading your contract here.
- Once you have a fully executed purchase agreement, CHDC will review the property for eligibility and issue a LIFT Commitment Letter
- Your transaction must close by the date outlined on your LIFT Commitment Letter.
If you are eligible and had a contract on a property at the time of application:
- You will receive a 60-day Commitment Letter which commits funds in your name for 60 days
- Ensure your first mortgage lender knows you have received a NeighborhoodLIFT Commitment Letter
- Your first mortgage lender must submit documents to CHDC at least 10 calendar days prior to your closing date
We will process files as they are received, and processing may take up to 10 business days. Missing information or documentation will cause a delay in processing, so please be sure to provide all requested information.
Contact CHDC for questions about NeighborhoodLIFT at lift@CommunityHDC.org.
If you have additional questions, visit our FAQ page (Click Here).