NeighborhoodLIFT is now available in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area! The NeighborhoodLIFT® program, a collaboration between Wells Fargo and NeighborWorks® America, offers down payment assistance for eligible homebuyers who complete approved homebuyer education. The program provides eligible homebuyers with $25,000 to use toward down payment and/or closing costs on qualified homes.
Funds Available on a Limited Basis!
In order to improve customer access to NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance, Community Housing Development Corporation will accept requests for funds each week from 9:00 AM on Thursdays until 9:00 AM Mondays, as long as funds are available. Visit this website at those times to submit a request. Our website will be updated weekly with fund availability information.
A random selection process will be used each week to determine which customers may move forward in the process to apply for down payment assistance. If you are not selected, you may return to this website the following week and submit a request for funds again.
Please remember that you must have the following to request funds:
* Complete eight hours of homebuyer education from an approved provider* [Click Here] to sign up for homebuyer education
* Have a pre-approval for a first mortgage from a NeighborhoodLIFT approved lender [Click Here]
* All borrowers’ income must be below the income limits for the program [Click Here]
*The NeighborhoodLIFT Down Payment Assistance program requires completion of eight hours of homebuyer education prior to requesting funds. Buyers must also have a valid homebuyer education certificate at closing on their property. Certificates of completion are valid for 12 months after issuance. Please reach out to Community Housing Development Corporation for further details.
If you can say “yes” to all three requirements above, you will be eligible to submit a request for funds. You will need to upload a copy of your mortgage pre-approval letter from an approved lender, and your current homebuyer education certificate from an approved provider at the time of your request. How to upload documents.
* If you submit a request but are not selected, you may request funds again the next week.
* Be sure to check your email, including your spam folder, for emails from Community Housing Development Corporation with information on next steps. You can start gathering the required documents you will need if you are selected. [Click Here]
NeighborhoodLIFT Program Information
Community Housing Development Corporation is proud to be part of the NeighborhoodLIFT program in collaboration with Wells Fargo and NeighborWorks America. Discover the possibilities of homeownership and find out if it’s right for you!
* Provides homebuyer education to prepare potential homebuyers for homeownership
* Provides eligible homebuyers with $25,000 in down payment assistance on eligible properties
* Assistance is not limited to first-time homebuyers
* All borrowers’ annual income must be below the limits set for the program
* Properties for the program must be:
1. Located in the six county area
2. The primary, owner-occupied home of the borrowers
3. A single-family home (attached or detached), 2- 4-unit home, condominium, townhome, PUD, co-op, land trust or qualified manufactured home.
NOTE: Customers need a minimum of 30 days to close from the point that they are selected for LIFT funds and complete their application, which includes uploading all required documents and completing all forms. Please coordinate with Community Housing Development Corporation, your first mortgage lender, and real estate agent as closing dates may need to be adjusted due to demand and capacity.
More resources to help you buy a home:
How to Sign Up for Homebuyer Education
Need to complete the homebuyer education requirement for the NeighborhoodLIFT program?
Sign up for eHome America’s self-guided online course https://www.ehomeamerica.org/chdc
Sign up to take an instructor led course by signing into your existing account or creating account https://chdc.force.com/chdccft
Once you are logged in visit the ‘Training Center’ page to sign up for an eight hour, instructor led course.